Turkey Stuffing Casserole
This turkey stuffing casserole is an excellent addition to your keto Christmas dinner.
- 1 Onion (Cut into 0.75cm cubes)
- 2 stalks Celery (Cut into 0.75cm cubes)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 80g Butter
- 1 Country Loaf (Cut into 1cm cubes)
- 4 KetoBuns (Cut into 1cm cubes)
- 2 tbsp Sage
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper / Chili Flakes (Optional)
- 1 tbsp Flat Italian Parsley Leaves (Optional)
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 4 Eggs
- Cut the Country Loaf and KetoBuns into 1cm sized cubes, and set them aside in a large mixing bowl and mix together all the herbs and aromatics, then set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté the chopped onion and celery with salt, pepper, and butter. Cook the celery first and add the onions about 3 minutes later. Cook until they are slightly transparent but still a little crunchy, then transfer to the bread mixture.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and the remaining chicken broth, then pour the egg mixture into the bread mixture.
- Mix gently until well incorporated. Be careful not to mix too aggressively as the bread is fragile.
- Let the bread soak for at least 20 minutes (or it can be kept in the chiller for up to 2 days).
- When you are ready to bake, oil your casserole dish with butter, then pour the bread mixture into the casserole dish.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until the top of the stuffing turns brown and crispy. The middle of the stuffing might jiggle a little, but it will set over time.
Note: When using SK Bouillon, use 60g of bouillon with 2 cups of water. If you use other chicken stock, remember to taste for salt and pepper before adding more.