Kimchi & Meatball Noodle
Delicious home made Kimchi and Meatball Noodles - by Janti Brasali, Seriously Keto
Ingredients For Meatballs
- 30g breadcrumb (Sugar-Free and Low-Carb)
- ½ cup cream
- 300g ground beef*
- 300g ground pork*
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
*You can use 600g of any meat of your choice instead of beef and pork.
To Make Your Bowl Of Noodles
- 200g kimchi
- 8 meatballs
- 1 cup water
- 3tbsp Hoisin sauce (Sugar-Free and Low-Carb)
- Shirataki Noodles
Instructions For Meatballs
- Soak the breadcrumbs in ½ a cup of cream.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use your hands to mix together the beef, pork, onions, garlic, egg, and all of the spices. Don’t squeeze the meat too much during this step to keep it nice and juicy.
- Add the breadcrumbs and cream mixture, and continue mixing with your hands until it’s well incorporated.
- Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes while preparing the pan.
- Use a spoon to help measure equal sized meatballs, then use your hands to make them round.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet about 2cm apart.
- Bake at 175ºC for 10 minutes, then turn the baking sheet if necessary (if your oven bakes unevenly), and bake for another 5 minutes. Bake for an extra 2 minutes if you would like the meatballs to be more browned.
TIP: These meatballs can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months. If you are planning to do this, don’t overcook them too much because they will need to be reheated again.
To Put Together Your Bowl Of Noodles
- In a pot, put the kimchi, meatballs, water, and hoisin sauce together.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and let it simmer until the sauce reduces to the texture of your liking. Everything is already cooked, so this step doesn’t need to be too long depending on your preferences.
- To serve, place some shirataki noodles in a bowl, add the meatballs, and pour the kimchi and sauce over it.